General Terms & Conditions
Spice Island (Pvt) Ltd (“www.spiceislandbeauty.com”) owns and operates this website. Access to and use of this website and the products and services available through this website (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service.
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or another phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address
- Your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
How We Use The Information
- We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide product information of upcoming new ranges
- Process your payment card transactions Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- Information We Collect by Automated Means
- When you visit this site or our online advertisements or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Technologies We Use
- Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons – Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.”
- These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies Third Party Web Analytics Services – We may use third party web analytics services on this site. Such third party web analytics service providers may include, but is not limited to, Core metrics and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of Core metrics to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about Core metrics, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site, please click here. To disable the Google Analytics cookie and any other third party web analytics service provider cookies, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
- How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means – We may use the information collected through automated means on this site for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms & Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
- Information We Share – We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates within the Spice Island (Pvt.) Ltd umbrella of companies – Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
- In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Your Rights and Choices – We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
- Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons – You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Spice Island by Clicking Here
- Postal Mail Opt-Out – You can ask Spice Island to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
- Social Networking Application Opt-Out – To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=170585223002660 provided by the Facebook Help Center.
- Geo-Location Information – We may ask you for your geo-location via our mobile application. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Withdrawing Consent – You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
- Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information – Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Privacy – If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
- How We Protect Personal Information – We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use
- Links To Other Websites – Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights in all contents (including photographic images, trade logo) made available to you on or through this website remain the property of SPICE ISLAND and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by SPICE ISLAND. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
Terms of Sale
By placing an order, you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
In order to contract with www.spiceislandbeauty.com you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. www.spiceislandbeauty.com retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you in an email confirmation.
When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
a) Our Contract
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming the receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods, which you ordered, have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
b) Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Shipping cost does not include the government import duties and other taxes charged by the destination country. You are responsible for such additional charges payable after your order has been shipped. Please refer to the relevant sources to learn about the duties and taxes charged in your country.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard authorization check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfill the transaction. Your card will be debited upon authorization being received. The money received upon the debiting of your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Once the goods have been dispatched, you will be sent a confirmation about dispatch.
Spice Island does not accept any cancellations after an order has been placed under any circumstances.
Return and Refunds
Spice Island does not accept any return, except for the following instances:
- Products must have been purchased directly from SpiceIslandbeauty.com to be considered as return or refund. We cannot accept returns of products purchased from other retail outlets.
Please return such products to the store where it was purchased.
- The product should have been purchased at the normal selling price and not at a discounted rate. Discounted/promotional products are not refundable.
- Products must be returned within 30 days of order date. If a return/refund request is accepted you will be notified via email. A refund (if applicable) will process ONLY once the products are received at the return address mentioned on the bottom of this page.
- Please include a copy of your receipt (or a note with your order #, name, email address, phone number) and your reason for returning the product(s)
- We cannot accept returns of products and there will be no refunds of product in the following circumstances:
– Where the customer contact details including contact number and address are wrong or the shipping company has failed to contact the customer.
– Where local customs clearance regulations require documents and/or licenses and/or any other requirement of any nature, that need to be provided by the customer and have not been met.
– Original shipping and handling charges are non-refundable under any circumstance.
– Products specified as non-returnable or not for resale cannot be returned.
– All return/refund requests need to be supported with a photograph clearly indicating physical damage of the product if applicable
- If a return is accepted by the company, then a refund of the product cost will apply and not the cost of shipping or any courier charges paid upon placing the order.
Product return/exchange location
Spice Island (Pvt) Ltd.
Level 15B, Parkland Building,
No. 33, Park Street
Colombo 00200. Sri Lanka.
Upon receiving your order, we carry out a standard authorization check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfill the transaction. Your card will be debited upon authorization being received. The money received upon the debiting of your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Once the goods have been dispatched, you will be sent a confirmation about dispatch.
The website may contain promotions periodically for selected products. At such times the price of a product maybe discounted or an additional product maybe offered at the same price. Such promotional decisions are sorely based on the decisions of SPICE ISLAND and cannot be changed/altered. Refunds and cancellations are not accepted for discounted/promotional products.
Disclaimer of Liability
Spice Island products are made from natural ingredients, over a period of time, product colour may change, and therefore, we do not take product back due to colour change. If you face allergy or irritation due to use of Spice Island product, please discontinue use; if sickness continues please consult your General Physician.
International shipments and deliveries
- Orders are processed and delivered on working days only (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays).
- Our carriers deliver during business hours only (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
- Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be processed on the following business day.
- International orders may be subject to customs taxes or delays while going through customs. Unfortunately, these are beyond our control and the recipient of the order will be responsible for these charges.
- We are unable to process orders to a P.O Box address.
- We are not responsible for any late delivery or failure to deliver due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. For certain products, items may be delivered directly to you.
We want to make sure that SPICE ISLAND products arrive safe and sound, so there are a few delivery requests we can’t commit to:
- Leaving parcels over fences
- Leaving parcels on doorsteps
- Putting parcels through windows
- Leaving parcels in bins/bin cupboards or wheelie bins
- Leaving parcels exposed to the elements
Deliveries within Sri Lanka
Deliveries within Sri Lanka will be subject to the following timelines and orders will be processed only on working days.
|A||COLOMBO 1-15||Following day (within 24 hours)|
|B||SUBURBS||Following day (within 24 hours)|
|C||OUTSTATION||Within 24 – 48 hours|
|D||NORTH AND EAST||Within 24 – 48 hours|
We operate a complaint handling procedure that we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. Please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
Goods Delivery Policy and Delivery Information
Please redirect to relevant section on the ecommerce site.
Please redirect to relevant section on the ecommerce site.